Effective 1 April 2015
Our goal at Astute Payroll is to help you and your team do the best work of your lives. To do this, we need to keep our products and services running smoothly, quickly, and without distraction. For this to happen, we need help from you, our users, to not to misuse or abuse our products and services.
You’ll see the word “services” a lot throughout this page. That refers to all websites owned or operated by Astute Payroll, such as www.astutepayroll.com or yourportal.astutepayroll.com, and any related websites, sub-domains and pages.
What we won’t allow:
- Compromising the integrity of our systems. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services,
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorised access to the services, related systems, networks, or data,
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the services or related systems, network or data,
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services,
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or other automated systems to sends more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser,
- Going far beyond the use parameters for any given service as described in its corresponding documentation, or
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage in a way that’s unrelated to the purposes for which the services were designed.
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with Astute Payroll or any associated third party,
- Using the services to violate the privacy of others, including publishing or posting other people’s private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from our services,
- Using our services to stalk, harass, or post direct, specific threats of violence against others,
- Using the Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws),
- Accessing or searching any part of the services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”), or
- Using meta tags or any other “hidden text” including Astute Payroll’s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks.
- Using the services to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam,
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Astute Payroll,
- Disparaging Astute Payroll or our partners, vendors, or affiliates,
- Promoting or advertising products or services other than your own without appropriate authorisation,
- Inappropriate content,
- Posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that:
- Infringes Astute Payroll’s or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right
- You don’t have the right to submit,
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic, indecent, harassing, or hateful,
- Encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate,
- Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition,
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials,
- Is intended to be inflammatory, or
- Could otherwise cause damage to Astute Payroll or any third party.
In this Acceptable Use Policy, the term “content” means:
- Any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the services, and
- Any other materials, content, or data you provide to Astute Payroll or use with the Services.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, Astute Payroll may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the services without notice or liability if Astute Payroll (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.