Effective 1 April 2015
We do not sell any personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
We maintain security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of confidential customer information under our control. In connection with performing services, we are required to disclose certain information to governmental taxing authorities in order to ensure that credit is made for tax withholding deposits. We also use customer information to perform the services you contract with us to provide and to communicate with you. We will permit only authorized personnel, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to personally identifiable customer information.
We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their information (except when we’re prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors, which we will endeavour to promptly correct.
In extraordinary circumstances, we may also be required for other reasons to disclose confidential information of customers to law enforcement or government officials and we reserve the right to release information if we are required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment, such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to enforce our agreements with you, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Sites, us, our officers, directors, employees, representatives, other users, and/or the public.
Collection of Personal Information
You are not required to provide any personal information in order to have general access to the Sites. However, in order to access certain information, features or services at the Sites or certain of our offerings, you may be required to provide personal information.
We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- When you establish an account or register to use certain features at the Sites.
- If you provide us with comments or suggestions, request information about our products and services, or contact our customer service department via phone, email, or other forms of communication.
- When you submit an application for our services or register for our services.
- We may collect additional information if you choose to use or participate in one of our various programs (such as our referral service).
- We obtain information concerning the services you utilize and from your transactions and other interactions with us, our affiliates, and others, including our marketing partners and third party service providers.
- When you use certain features at the Sites where you voluntarily submit personal information, for example, in connection with requesting a price quote or registering to receive a newsletter.
- We may also collect information we receive from consumer and business reporting agencies.
- When you utilise the services at the Sites we obtain from you the information we need to complete your transactions. For example, this information may include your name, address, telephone number, bank details, superannuation details, emergency contacts, tax details, and email address and/or information regarding a particular business entity or individuals who seek to utilise Services we offer. If you use a credit or debit card at the Sites, it will include the credit card or debit card account number.
Limitation of Liability
We maintain safeguards to protect the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, we shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information not due to the direct fault of Astute Payroll including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorised acts.
The Astute Payroll site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
Changing Your Information
If you have an account at the Sites, you can make changes to your account information by logging in to the Sites and using the available online tools. If you subscribe to any of our e-mail newsletters you may unsubscribe from such newsletters by following the instructions included with the newsletter or by contacting our customer service representatives or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (ISP).
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information, including that collected from our marketing partners, to improve the quality of the products and services that we offer. We also want to provide you enjoyable experience on the Sites, and to do this we strive to continually improve the service we provide to you. We use personal information as one source to help us achieve this goal, by personalizing, though email communications and your visits to the Sites, offers of products and services that we believe would be of interest to you. We may use the personal information, including business information that you have given to us and cross-reference it with personal information, including business information, we receive from our marketing partners and others in order to provide you an enhanced and more personalized experience at the Sites.
We use personal information, including business information, that we obtain from your use of the Sites to respond to your comments or inquiries, to resolve disputes, to contact you when necessary in connection with the operation of the Sites, or for matters involving any product or service transactions, to address problems at the Sites and to enforce our agreements with you.
We may also use the services of other businesses to perform tasks for us such as providing marketing assistance and data analysis or to perform other services offered to users of our websites and may provide personal information, including business information, to those businesses when that information is necessary or desirable for them to perform such services.
How we use Non-personal Information
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Sites and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyse Sites usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
Use of Aggregate Information: From time to time, we may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the users of the Sites and our services. We collect this information to determine information regarding the use of our Sites and general information about our customers. We may also group this information into aggregate data in order to describe the use of our Sites and to provide general aggregated information. The aggregated data will not personally identify any customers or visitors to the Sites.