Default Privacy and Security Features
Connection to the Astute Payroll service is via secure socket layer/transport layer security (SSL/TLS), ensuring that our Clients have a secure connection to their data.
Logical separation of Customer data:
- Hardware and software configurations are designed to provide secure logical separations of Customer data that permit each Customer to view only its related information.
- Multitenant security controls include unique, non-predictable session tokens, configurable session timeout values, password policies, sharing rules, and user profiles.
- The Astute Payroll service supports delegated authentication.
Network security measures:
- Multiple layers of external firewalls
- Intrusion-detection sensors
- Security event management system
- Continuous external vulnerability scanning
Redundancy and Scalability
The Astute Payroll service is highly scalable and redundant, allowing for fluctuation in demand and expansion of users while greatly reducing the threat of long-term outages. Load-balanced networks, pools of application servers, and clustered databases are features of our design.
All Customer data is stored in secure data centres and is replicated over secure links to a disaster recovery data centre. This design provides the ability to rapidly restore the Astute Payroll service in the case of a catastrophic loss.
In addition to our disaster-recovery capabilities, Customer data is also backed up to tape in a separate data centre. Tapes are not transported offsite from this data centre, reducing the risk of loss.
Customer-Controlled Privacy and Security Settings
Clients may determine which of their respective designees can access different categories of data.