Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following disclaimer, together with our terms and conditions of use.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and is provided by Astute Corporation Pty Ltd (ABN 15 132 218 994) trading as Astute Payroll. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. You need to make your own enquiries to determine if the information or products are appropriate for your intended use.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of www.astutepayroll.com. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Astute Payroll takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its contents are the copyright of Astute Payroll – © 2023.
The ‘Astute Payroll’ word and device are registered trademarks of Astute International and used under licence. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following. You may print or download contents to a local hard disk for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may copy some extracts only to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. You may not transmit it or store it on any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Notice to Users
“personal information” means (in summary) any information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
“Australian Privacy Laws” means the Privacy Act 1988 Cth including the Australian Privacy Principles.
Collection of Personal Information
You are not required to provide any personal information to have general access to the Platform. However, in order to access certain information, features, products, services or other offerings (“Services”) through the Platform, you may be required to provide personal information.
We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- When you establish an account or register to access and use the Platform or use any of the Services available through the Platform.
- If you provide us with comments or suggestions, request information about our Services, or contact our customer service department via phone, email, or other forms of communication.
- If you choose to use or participate in one of our various programs (such as our referral service).
- From your transactions and other interactions with us, our affiliates, and others, including our marketing partners and third-party service providers.
- When you access products and services from our business partners through the Platform. For example, if you select to use the superannuation selection functionality provided by Flare HR Pty Ltd (or its subsidiaries).
- When you use certain features of the Platform including where you voluntarily submit personal information, for example, in connection with requesting a price quote or registering to receive a newsletter.
- From consumer and business reporting agencies.
- From a third party (where you have consented) such as your employer, where your employer provides information about you to the Platform for the purpose of using our Services, or where personal information is collected by our third-party service providers who are permitted to disclose that information to us. We may also collect information from you through our related entities.
- As otherwise required to manage and deliver the Platform and/or Services.
Types Of Personal Information We Collect
When you access or use the Platform or Services, we may collect the following types of personal information:
- Name, address, date of birth, email address and telephone numbers.
- Bank details, superannuation details and tax details (including Tax File Numbers or TFN).
- Emergency contact details.
If you provide your TFN to us, you consent to us storing and using your TFN as authorised by law. Due to the sensitivity of TFNs and the legal restraints on the use and disclosure of TFNs, if you lose or forget your TFN, we will not be able to provide it to you. You will have to ask the ATO for a copy of it.
How We Use Personal Information
Generally, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To operate the Platform and provide the Services to you (including improving or developing the Platform and/or Services).
- To cross-reference it with information we receive from other third parties including our marketing partners and business partners in order to provide you with an enhanced and more personalised experience on the Platform.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries, resolve disputes, contact you when necessary in connection with the operation of the Platform and/or our Services or for matters involving any product or service transactions, to address problems on the Platform or with the Services, and to enforce our agreements with you.
- For other third-party service providers to perform tasks for us, such as providing marketing assistance and data analysis, or to perform other services offered to users of the Platform, when that information is necessary for them to perform such services.
- To comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our related entities.
- Your employer.
- Any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information.
- Third party service providers that provide us with technical and support services.
- Our audit, legal and other professional advisers.
- Law enforcement or government officials, if necessary to comply with legal obligations
- The Australian Tax Office and other regulatory bodies, as required in connection with the operation of the Platform and Services.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our business changes, we may transfer your personal information to the new owner.
How we use Non-personal Information
We may at times use the non-personally identifiable information we collect:
- to improve the design and content of our Platform;
- to enable us to personalise your user experience;
- to analyse Platform usage; and
- to offer you Services.
Aggregated Information: From time to time, we may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the users of the Platform and Services. We collect this information to determine information regarding the use of our Platform, Services, and general information about our customers. We may also group this information into aggregate data to describe the use of our Platform and to provide general aggregated information. The aggregated data will not personally identify you or any users or visitors to the Platform.
Overseas Transfers of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to recipients located outside Australia in order to assist us in providing the Platform and/or Services to you. We may also engage overseas service providers to provide services to us (like cloud storage services or other types of network or electronic systems) from time to time which may not necessarily always involve a disclosure of your personal information to that overseas service provider.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to your personal information being used, stored and disclosed to overseas recipients for the purposes necessary to operate our business and acknowledge that any such overseas recipients may not be required to comply with the Australian Privacy Laws and in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the Australian Privacy Laws, that entity may not be bound by and you may not be able to seek redress under, the Australian Privacy Laws.
We may use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products and services may be offered by us, our related companies, our other business partners, or our service providers.
Where you receive electronic marketing communications from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided in the communication or by contacting our support team.
We do not sell any personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
Protection Of Personal Information
We use technical and organisational measures to keep your personal information secure and to ensure it is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or inappropriate disclosure. These technical and organisational measures include:
- the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored;
- storing your information on secure servers;
- encryption technologies;
- requiring all employees to comply with internal information security policies and keep information secure;
- requiring all employees to complete training about information security;
- monitoring and regularly reviewing our practise against our own policies and against industry best practice.
We are certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if it is no longer required for legal or operational reasons.
Access To and Correction Of Personal Information
You may access or request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. Our contact details are set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information. In circumstances where we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information, but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material). We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate, up to date.
Links To Third Party Sites
Limitation of Liability
We maintain safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. However, transmissions protected by security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, we will not be liable for unauthorised disclosure of personal information not due to the direct fault of Astute Payroll including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorised acts.
The Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
Post: PO Box 5090, Melbourne VIC 3001
When contacting us, please provide full details of your question, concern, or complaint. We take all complaints very seriously and we will take steps to investigate and resolve complaints within a reasonable period. Please note, we may require further information from you in order to investigate and resolve any complaints.
If we cannot resolve your complaint or you dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC):
Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Fax: 02 9284 9666
Enquiries Line: 1300 363 992
Last Updated: 7 February 2023
Default Privacy and Security Features
Connection to the Astute Payroll service is via secure socket layer/transport layer security (SSL/TLS), ensuring that our Clients have a secure connection to their data.
Logical separation of Customer data:
- Hardware and software configurations are designed to provide secure logical separations of Customer data that permit each Customer to view only its related information.
- Multitenant security controls include unique, non-predictable session tokens, configurable session timeout values, password policies, sharing rules, and user profiles.
- The Astute Payroll service supports delegated authentication.
Network security measures:
- Multiple layers of external firewalls
- Intrusion-detection sensors
- Security event management system
- Continuous external vulnerability scanning
Redundancy and Scalability
The Astute Payroll service is highly scalable and redundant, allowing for fluctuation in demand and expansion of users while greatly reducing the threat of long-term outages. Load-balanced networks, pools of application servers, and clustered databases are features of our design.
All Customer data is stored in secure data centres and is replicated over secure links to a disaster recovery data centre. This design provides the ability to rapidly restore the Astute Payroll service in the case of a catastrophic loss.
For more information on backups and information management, please see our Information Management and Security Statement, available in our Help Centre here.
Customer-Controlled Privacy and Security Settings
Clients may determine which of their respective designees can access different categories of data.
Effective 1 June 2019
Our goal at Astute Payroll is to help you and your team do the best work of your lives. To do this, we need to keep our products and services running smoothly, quickly, and without distraction. For this to happen, we need help from you, our users, to not to misuse or abuse our products and services.
You’ll see the word “services” a lot throughout this page. That refers to all websites owned or operated by Astute Payroll, such as www.astutepayroll.com or yourportal.astutepayroll.com, and any related websites, sub-domains and pages.
What we won’t allow:
- Compromising the integrity of our systems. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services,
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorised access to the services, related systems, networks, or data,
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the services or related systems, network or data,
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services,
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or other automated systems to sends more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser,
- Going far beyond the use parameters for any given service as described in its corresponding documentation, or
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage in a way that’s unrelated to the purposes for which the services were designed.
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with Astute Payroll or any associated third party,
- Using the services to violate the privacy of others, including publishing or posting other people’s private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from our services,
- Using our services to stalk, harass, or post direct, specific threats of violence against others,
- Using the Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws),
- Accessing or searching any part of the services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”), or
- Using meta tags or any other “hidden text” including Astute Payroll’s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks.
- Using the services to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam,
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Astute Payroll,
- Disparaging Astute Payroll or our partners, vendors, or affiliates,
- Promoting or advertising products or services other than your own without appropriate authorisation,
- Inappropriate content,
- Posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that:
- Infringes Astute Payroll’s or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right
- You don’t have the right to submit,
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic, indecent, harassing, or hateful,
- Encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate,
- Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition,
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials,
- Is intended to be inflammatory, or
- Could otherwise cause damage to Astute Payroll or any third party.
In this Acceptable Use Policy, the term “content” means:
- Any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the services, and
- Any other materials, content, or data you provide to Astute Payroll or use with the Services.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, Astute Payroll may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the services without notice or liability if Astute Payroll (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.