Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following disclaimer, together with our terms and conditions of use.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and is provided by Astute Corporation Pty Ltd (ABN 15 132 218 994) trading as Astute Payroll. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. You need to make your own enquiries to determine if the information or products are appropriate for your intended use.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of www.astutepayroll.com. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Astute Payroll takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its contents are the copyright of Astute Payroll – © 2019.
The ‘Astute Payroll’ word and device are registered trademarks of Astute International and used under licence. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following. You may print or download contents to a local hard disk for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may copy some extracts only to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. You may not transmit it or store it on any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Effective 1 June 2019
We do not sell any personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
We maintain security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of confidential customer information under our control. In connection with performing services, we are required to disclose certain information to governmental taxing authorities in order to ensure that credit is made for tax withholding deposits. We also use customer information to perform the services you contract with us to provide and to communicate with you. We will permit only authorised personnel, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to personally identifiable customer information.
We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their information (except when we’re prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors, which we will endeavour to promptly correct.
In extraordinary circumstances, we may also be required for other reasons to disclose confidential information of customers to law enforcement or government officials and we reserve the right to release information if we are required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment, such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to enforce our agreements with you, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Sites, us, our officers, directors, employees, representatives, other users, and/or the public.
Collection of Personal Information
You are not required to provide any personal information in order to have general access to the sites. However, in order to access certain information, features or services at the sites or certain of our offerings, you may be required to provide personal information.
We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- When you establish an account or register to use certain features at the sites.
- If you provide us with comments or suggestions, request information about our products and services, or contact our customer service department via phone, email, or other forms of communication.
- When you submit an application for our services or register for our services.
- We may collect additional information if you choose to use or participate in one of our various programs (such as our referral service).
- We obtain information concerning the services you utilize and from your transactions and other interactions with us, our affiliates, and others, including our marketing partners and third party service providers.
- When you use certain features at the Sites where you voluntarily submit personal information, for example, in connection with requesting a price quote or registering to receive a newsletter.
- We may also collect information we receive from consumer and business reporting agencies.
- When you utilise the services at the Sites we obtain from you the information we need to complete your transactions. For example, this information may include your name, address, telephone number, bank details, superannuation details, emergency contacts, tax details, and email address and/or information regarding a particular business entity or individuals who seek to utilise Services we offer. If you use a credit or debit card at the Sites, it will include the credit card or debit card account number.
Limitation of Liability
We maintain safeguards to protect the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, we shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information not due to the direct fault of Astute Payroll including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorised acts.
The Astute Payroll site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
Changing Your Information
If you have an account at the Sites, you can make changes to your account information by logging in to the Sites and using the available online tools. If you subscribe to any of our e-mail newsletters you may unsubscribe from such newsletters by following the instructions included with the newsletter or by contacting our customer service representatives or sending an email to email@example.com.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (ISP).
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information, including that collected from our marketing partners, to improve the quality of the products and services that we offer. We also want to provide you enjoyable experience on the sites, and to do this we strive to continually improve the service we provide to you. We use personal information as one source to help us achieve this goal, by personalising, though email communications and your visits to the sites, offers of products and services that we believe would be of interest to you. We may use the personal information, including business information that you have given to us and cross-reference it with personal information, including business information, we receive from our marketing partners and others in order to provide you an enhanced and more personalized experience at the Sites.
We use personal information, including business information, that we obtain from your use of the sites to respond to your comments or inquiries, to resolve disputes, to contact you when necessary in connection with the operation of the Sites, or for matters involving any product or service transactions, to address problems at the sites and to enforce our agreements with you.
We may also use the services of other businesses to perform tasks for us such as providing marketing assistance and data analysis or to perform other services offered to users of our websites and may provide personal information, including business information, to those businesses when that information is necessary or desirable for them to perform such services.
How we use Non-personal Information
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our sites and to enable us to personalise your internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyse Sites usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
Use of Aggregate Information: From time to time, we may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the users of the sites and our services. We collect this information to determine information regarding the use of our sites and general information about our customers. We may also group this information into aggregate data in order to describe the use of our sites and to provide general aggregated information. The aggregated data will not personally identify any customers or visitors to the sites.
Default Privacy and Security Features
Connection to the Astute Payroll service is via secure socket layer/transport layer security (SSL/TLS), ensuring that our Clients have a secure connection to their data.
Logical separation of Customer data:
- Hardware and software configurations are designed to provide secure logical separations of Customer data that permit each Customer to view only its related information.
- Multitenant security controls include unique, non-predictable session tokens, configurable session timeout values, password policies, sharing rules, and user profiles.
- The Astute Payroll service supports delegated authentication.
Network security measures:
- Multiple layers of external firewalls
- Intrusion-detection sensors
- Security event management system
- Continuous external vulnerability scanning
Redundancy and Scalability
The Astute Payroll service is highly scalable and redundant, allowing for fluctuation in demand and expansion of users while greatly reducing the threat of long-term outages. Load-balanced networks, pools of application servers, and clustered databases are features of our design.
All Customer data is stored in secure data centres and is replicated over secure links to a disaster recovery data centre. This design provides the ability to rapidly restore the Astute Payroll service in the case of a catastrophic loss.
In addition to our disaster-recovery capabilities, Customer data is also backed up to tape in a separate data centre. Tapes are not transported offsite from this data centre, reducing the risk of loss.
Customer-Controlled Privacy and Security Settings
Clients may determine which of their respective designees can access different categories of data.
Effective 1 June 2019
Our goal at Astute Payroll is to help you and your team do the best work of your lives. To do this, we need to keep our products and services running smoothly, quickly, and without distraction. For this to happen, we need help from you, our users, to not to misuse or abuse our products and services.
You’ll see the word “services” a lot throughout this page. That refers to all websites owned or operated by Astute Payroll, such as www.astutepayroll.com or yourportal.astutepayroll.com, and any related websites, sub-domains and pages.
What we won’t allow:
- Compromising the integrity of our systems. This could include probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services,
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorised access to the services, related systems, networks, or data,
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the services or related systems, network or data,
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services,
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or other automated systems to sends more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period of time by using a normal browser,
- Going far beyond the use parameters for any given service as described in its corresponding documentation, or
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of storage in a way that’s unrelated to the purposes for which the services were designed.
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content including by “spoofing”, “phishing”, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonating anyone else, or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with Astute Payroll or any associated third party,
- Using the services to violate the privacy of others, including publishing or posting other people’s private and confidential information without their express permission, or collecting or gathering other people’s personal information (including account names or information) from our services,
- Using our services to stalk, harass, or post direct, specific threats of violence against others,
- Using the Services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws),
- Accessing or searching any part of the services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”), or
- Using meta tags or any other “hidden text” including Astute Payroll’s or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks.
- Using the services to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters, or spam,
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Astute Payroll,
- Disparaging Astute Payroll or our partners, vendors, or affiliates,
- Promoting or advertising products or services other than your own without appropriate authorisation,
- Inappropriate content,
- Posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that:
- Infringes Astute Payroll’s or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right
- You don’t have the right to submit,
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic, indecent, harassing, or hateful,
- Encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate,
- Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition,
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials,
- Is intended to be inflammatory, or
- Could otherwise cause damage to Astute Payroll or any third party.
In this Acceptable Use Policy, the term “content” means:
- Any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the services, and
- Any other materials, content, or data you provide to Astute Payroll or use with the Services.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, Astute Payroll may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the services without notice or liability if Astute Payroll (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.
Join hundreds of Australian companies that trust Astute Payroll to streamline their payroll.
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.